Searching for a qualified Mechanical Engineer to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Indiana.
|SUMMARY: Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Mechanical Engineer will develop and apply new technologies for use in the company safety systems or the manufacturing of those systems for off highway equipment, commercial vehicles, trucks and trailers, buses, etc. |
The Mechanical Engineer will utilize his / her experience to:
- Develop new design rules, develop new procedures, utilize specialized design techniques, develop new processes and evaluate deviations from procedures
- Interface with suppliers to define the company technological and component needs.
- Provide product development information and status to NPI team, analyze and verify production process deviation requests, develop data and root cause verification in support of warranty improvement issues, mentor and motivate other employees through higher productivity of work.
- Lead training on new processes and design rules and finding / resolving design problems
- Managing and presenting projects
- Perform predictive simulations using software tools (FEA, CFD) and concept work with CAD tools such Pro/E and CATIA.
- Communicate intricate engineering concepts with non-technical customers or internal stakeholders.
- Translate market requirements into design features with Product Engineering team.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Ensures and maintains the quality guidelines, procedures, and standards are consistently followed throughout the manufacturing operation
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Masters or PhD
- Knowledge of:
- Design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Federal, state, and company codes, standards, and regulations.
- Predictive simulations using software tools (FEA, CFD) and concept work with CAD tools such Pro/E and CATIA.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Working experience of mechanisms, materials, CAD modeling and manufacturing processes.
- Strong PC skills, MS Office, Project, Excel and proficient with laptops, tablets, smartphones, e-tools for web-based meetings, etc.
- Due to regulations and requirements within the industry, all candidates for consideration must be classified as a US Person which includes US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Green Card Holder, etc.
- Hiring salary highly competitive with fantastic benefits package, room for growth into lead, senior, supervisory and management roles, relocation package available, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V