Our client is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager with strengths and foundation in Mechanical Engineering to join their growing organization in the equipment and systems industry in Erie County Pennsylvania. Join a reputable, dynamic organization in an innovative capital equipment technologies space with fantastic career, compensation and growth potential!
- Design and Engineer custom equipment to fulfill customer order requirements.
- Supervise Engineers and Designers to complete customer orders and projects on schedule.
- Perform all necessary calculations required to ensure that the equipment will operate reliably in the field
- Participate in Corporate growth programs and product improvement/standardization programs
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING BACKGROUND:
- Review sales orders and determine from accompanying specification sheets the amount of engineering and design resources required to complete the order. This includes interfacing with Sales to ensure that specification sheets are complete as well as to obtain the necessary information required to design the equipment to customer expectations.
- Schedule customer orders through the Engineering Department and maintain an order schedule.
- Supervise engineers and designers to modify existing equipment designs and produce new equipment designs based on customer requirements.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations to ensure reliable equipment operation in the field.
- Ensure that all necessary drawings are produced to manufacture the equipment and ensure that all drawings are properly stored in the vault
- Review critical drawings for accuracy and efficient manufacturing. Enforce ANSI/AWS documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions, tolerances and symbols.
- Evaluate product lines for third party certification (UL, CSA, CE). Determine the scope of the project and resources necessary to perform certification. Interface with third parties and follow project to completion.
- Ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Evaluate equipment issues on the shop floor and in the field, and provide solutions to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Proactively review product lines to standardized where possible, implement the latest technology into existing product lines, improve product reliability, increase manufacturing efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Travel on occasion to field installations to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Perform tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Communicate concerns and questions to immediate supervisor.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in machine design, machining and fabrication with prior experience in hands on leadership of projects and supervision of engineers.
- Experience with 3-D CAD software or other analysis software – Vault, etc. – and prior background in design.
- Prior field and on site with customer exposure through installation of equipment and systems.
- Ability to understand how the assigned product line is to function from a theoretical point of view.
- Machine Design experience with the ability to review existing and new product designs from an engineering point of view and determine the critical components or design features that require engineering calculations.
- Ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations and establish engineering guidelines to design reliable, cost effective equipment to fulfill customer requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to relay clear, concise information to supervisors, co-workers and outside parties (customers, subcontractors, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in the area of engineering drawing review, efficient manufacturing procedures as well as an understanding of ANSI/AWS documentation practices for proper drawing dimensions, tolerances and symbols.
- Ability to guide professional colleagues through complex customer orders and assigned projects.
- Ability to manage short and long term projects that require team work between coworkers and departments.
- Demonstrate a level of creativity and ingenuity, as well as problem solving skills, to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions to design issues.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, bonus and profit sharing, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V