Our client is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer to join their growing organization in the custom equipment and systems industry in Western New York. Join a reputable, dynamic organization in custom capital equipment technologies space with fantastic career, compensation and growth potential!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Controls Engineer will provide production support and project team assistance in a team environment and work as a key member of the Project Team, simultaneously executing multiple complex projects, reporting cost / variance, managing engineering consultants and contractors, supporting field engineers, test technicians and end users on controls / process related issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- The successful Controls Engineer will Design and Program automated systems include the use, Programmable Logic Controllers ( PLC ) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition ( SCADA ).
- He/She will ensure customized software applications are using the GAMP ( Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) design model. Hardware and Software integration will be refined on automated equipment used in manufacturing environments for capital equipment valued at over $1M.
- The Controls Engineer will independently execute peer reviews for safety and quality of the product. And product control system design documents and FDA validation documentation per GAMP guidelines for the food / pharmaceutical industry.
- The Controls Engineer will consult with suppliers relating to sourcing, specifying and operating instrumentation and control equipment, and consistently observe and promote SHEQ ( Safety, Health, Environmental, Quality ) site requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE or equivalent relevant Engineering / Technology degree required
- 5-10 years of custom controls and automated design of equipment / systems related work experience
- Understand PID control loops, servo controls, and variable frequency drives.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and schedule own workload / project responsibilities.
- Experience as technical liaison with vendors / customer in both written and verbal forms.
- Experience with iFix SCADA and GE Historian, Visual Basic for Applications, PLC programming for Rockwell and Siemens PLC’s and associated hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of communication networks e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, ProfiNET
- Understanding of relational databases (e.g. MS SQL).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including server based OS and Security policy settings.
- Knowledge of machine design, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, motor controls and aseptic process machine production.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Skills necessary for Hardware and Software integration will be refined on automated equipment used in manufacturing environments. A working knowledge of refrigeration and plant facilities would be preferred.
- 21CFR part 11 and ANNEX 11 knowledge is a benefit.
- Ability to work overtime and travel as needed – national and international.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, bonus and profit sharing, room for growth, etc.