Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright
Our client is seeking a talented Industrial Maintenance Technician / Electrician to join their team within a reputable, rapidly growing process manufacturing facility in the Chautauqua County area! Seeking candidates with a background in millwright mechanics, journeyman, industrial electro-mechanical technician, electrical maintenance mechanic, industrial / manufacturing equipment repair, PLC technician and troubleshooting, machine maintenance, etc.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of food / materials processing, manufacturing and packaging equipment requiring a strong mechanical skills base to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems and PLC usage.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Preventative and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Acts as the "first-responder" when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on site to correct any problems quickly using PLC, electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Support the facility's safety and quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Utilizes the CMMS to open and close out work orders, check out spare parts, and other activities as required in the plant.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Reviews maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activates.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Examine objects, systems or facilities and analyze information to determine needed repairs.
- Proven proficiency working with Basic Tool Room Equipment, Hydraulic systems, Programmable Logic Controllers and Ladder Logic.
- Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; seeks out feedback and responds without defensiveness; continuously finds ways to improve.
- Perform other duties required by supervisor
- Candidates must successfully pass the Ramsay Mechanical (Electrical) Skills and Aptitude Assessment in order to be considered.
- 3+ years in industrial manufacturing.
- Strong electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
The type of individual we are looking for:
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Motivations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Driver’s license / reliable transportation
- Professional, co-operative attitude
- BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
SCHEDULE: Current openings on 2nd shift and 3rd shift.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Rate will be hourly with a time and a half rate for overtime hours worked. Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision coverage. Vacation, Personal Days and Company Paid Holidays, 401K, Short Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts offered. Applicants must have a stable work history to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V