Business Development Manager
Our client is seeking a technical Business Development Manager to join their growing organization in the custom advanced thermal processing equipment and systems industry in Pennsylvania. Join a reputable, dynamic organization in the high temperature equipment technologies space and realize both financial and professional career growth!
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the President, the Business Development Manager develops and implements a focused sales effort in the Thermal Processing / custom capital equipment and systems market, with the primary focus on Vacuum Furnaces and related aftermarket, rebuilds, and service.
- The successful Business Development Manager should meet / exceed sales targets in target markets, maximize retention and further develop existing customers, and aggressively and strategically develop and penetrate new customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Manage the sales process from inquiry to equipment signoff.
- Drive and maintain adequate sales pipeline to meet annual sales goals.
- Collect, analyze and organize customer data required for quotations.
- Develop quotations from provided pricing for customer presentation.
- Update accounts, contacts, leads and opportunities via CRM.
- Analyze and report major market trends to aid in proper alignment with the focus market.
- Provide market feedback to aid in product development initiatives.
- Liaise between customer and internal department functions.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers to keep them informed of progress, issues, and completion status of projects.
- Develop professional sales plans and sales presentations.
- Participate in trade shows as required.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of highly technical and complex Company products, applications, services and policies
- Become a knowledge source for key market influencers involved in the design, development, and production / processing of materials related to the assigned business segment.
- Research and stay ahead of technical knowledge base in order to understand customer’s technical requirements and applicability to the Company business so as to be able to successfully value sell capabilities.
- Any other duties as detailed by the President
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering ideal, with a minimum of an Associate Degree and 5+ years of experience in a technical sales environment.
- Ideal candidate will bring a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Sales / Applications Engineering roles or equivalent.
- Ideal industry knowledge and/or experience in Thermal, High Temperature, Materials Processing, technical ceramics, metals and metal powders, or prior experience in a technical role within the custom equipment, systems, complex design and build, processing or material handling industries.
- Experience with CRM Systems is a plus.
- Candidate must be outgoing & possess a strong propensity for value selling and capabilities selling
- Prior experience with international travel and/or study abroad experience ideal (MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK IN ORDER TO GET VALID PASSPORT)
- Must be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written), organized and detail oriented, an ambitious, driven self starter and problem solver. A proven negotiator with the ability to ‘close deals’ and travel 50% or more. Strong PC skills and presentation skills required.