Our client is seeking a Mechanical ( Refrigeration ) Engineer to join their Engineering team at their custom processing equipment and systems facility in the Western NY region. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth and be a part of the company ‘family’!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design, ASME Sec 8 Div 1
- Provide engineering concepts and designs in the area of machine design, hydraulics, pneumatics, refrigeration, welding and fabrication techniques, stress analysis, FEA, stainless steel fabrication, piping, flow, heat transfer, instrumentation, control and refrigeration systems which will be key to our equipment / systems designs.
- Work as a team member of project teams and have the ability to interact with customers and various internal and external personnel. Daily coordination and oversight of design/drafter activities will also be required.
- Comprehend and develop large industrial equipment for food, beverage, pharmaceutical and like applications.
- In efforts to continually support our customers, it may be required to support equipment assembly, start-up, installation, validation, and field service, as needed.
- Consistently observe and promote safety site requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering required.
- Must possess mechanical knowledge of custom OEM equipment, knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design, ASME Sec 8 Div 1 is required.
- Knowledge of process equipment and Pressure vessel design ( ASME Sec 8 Div 1 is required ) – knowledge of machines and components including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance - ideally food, beverage, cryogenics, refrigeration or pharmaceutical manufacturing capital equipment or systems.
- Experience in Stress analysis, FEA, stainless steel fabrication, piping, flow, heat transfer, instrumentation, control and refrigeration systems (especially large structural, skid mounted equipment) and ability to perform engineering calculations and create and interpret P&ID drawings.
- Ability and/or experience with Project Management with regard to having a key role in long life cycle projects from cradle to grave, scheduling work load for self and potentially other Designers and team members, and capable of technical interface with vendors, suppliers, customers and other internal / external staff. Ability to handle multiple projects at once in various stages.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems – AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical ideal, Inventor also a plus.
- Experience with vacuum or refrigeration equipment or systems, heat exchangers, pumps, pressure vessels and pressurized systems, aseptic processing, process piping, compressors would all be applicable and desireable.
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service. Strong commitment teamwork and integrating information from multi-disciplined teams.
- Up to 10% travel required-both domestic & international
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V