Our client, a manufacturer and world-wide leader in their industry, is seeking a talented Regional Sales Manager to join their Sales team in an effort to expand their footprint across the region in Telematics solutions within the transportation and trucking and trailers industries. The Regional Sales Manager will lead the charge in business development in this technical space for the company and must be comfortable and confident and bring a foundation of experience in technical sales and selling to VP, C and President level executives in their area and beyond. Openings for SE, NE and SW.
Regional Sales Manager, Fleet Telematics
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful Regional Sales Manager will bring expertise in solutions selling and lead generation, development and closing of new sales in the Telematics space, as well as further development of existing relationships via daily sales calls with key OEM Trailer, Body and Fleet market customers and other special assigned accounts based within the defined territory.
- Leading and managing technical and software sales to the Trucking, Transportation and Distribution industries and leverage industry knowledge and relationships in efforts to build out the business and accounts space and develop the market within the territories.
- Aggressively growing revenue by effectively managing and continuously feeding a sales pipeline/funnel of potential customers, identifying target customers for new sales, cross selling and up-selling with acquired customers, and engaging customer retention and contract renewal efforts within the defined geographic area, as well as developing and maintaining long term relationships and managing account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using Salesforce.com.
- Working with internal and other cross-functional teams, including Engineering, New Product Development, Finance, Contracts, Research, Product Management, Customer Service and Sales to communicate industry findings, technical developments, competitive edge, market analysis, customer and prospect feedback in order to best position, improve and ensure continued success within the competitive industry; as well as maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of the company’s Telematics solutions product line
- Identifying strategic sales opportunities, managing sales operations in the region and servicing resources in closing multi-million dollar and recurring business revenue contracts.
- Planning, organizing and conducting strategic field / on-site sales calls throughout the region in an effort to earn profitable revenue growth with long term partner alliances, as well as working closely and coordinating efforts with other members of partner company sales teams.
- Completing paperwork, controlling expenses, conducting sales training seminars and participating in open houses and trade shows to promote company product sales and education of the customer base, which also includes coordinating and qualifying “Proof of Concept” studies for prospects.
EXPERIENCE FOR SUCCESS:
- BS or BA Degree and proven experience in picking up a technical product line and ‘ solutions selling ‘ .
- Ability to attend and/or present at industry events and conferences – extensive travel required.
- Superior communication, presentation, sales, negotiation and closing skills
- Experience with full life cycle sales processes – from research and lead generation through to negotiations, closing and relationship management.
- Proven ability to stay current on industry and technology trends, market research, competition, etc.
- Expertise with technical and/or technical solutions selling into major accounts and managing relationships with senior executives.
- Prior experience with software solutions sales into enterprises, smart trailer Telematics solutions, or technical sales into the Automotive, Transportation, Trucking, Trailers and Fleet industries highly desired and will be given preference. Heavy duty Trailer market suppliers, mobile electronics and software subscriptions to OEM Trailer, Body and Fleet market customers, Wireless and RTD monitoring and communications systems and solutions ideal.
- Experience planning, organizing and conducting strategic on-site sales calls throughout the region.
- Prior experience in a Road Warrior type role within a territory and proven success working well independently and/or remotely.
- Strong organizational, time management and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to grasp the business model and strategic plans of the organization.
- Compensation package for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.