Our client is currently seeking a Cloud Solutions Evangelist for their strategic IT solutions company in NY in the areas of collaboration, networking, data center, end-user computing, security, cloud, and managed services for a wide range of customers in healthcare, education, finance, manufacturing, government and commercial industries. The successful individual can work out of Rochester, Buffalo or Albany, NY.
Cloud Solutions Evangelist
SUMMARY: The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge on Cloud Services, Cloud Computing and its pros and cons. He/She will know about all processes related to that end-to-end with hands-on experience, engage clients with real time scenarios, case studies and business proposals with clear specifications about cloud technologies and business prospects.
- The Cloud Solutions Evangelist ( CSE ) is responsible for driving and co-owning multi-cloud sales within the company territories. The person in this role is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to discovering software and cloud business in the region with existing and new customers identified by associated teams or uncovered through self-driven discovery. The CSE is responsible for spreading the doctrine of cloud computing and convincing reluctant organizations and IT leaders to make the jump to the cloud. They will be the lead in the region for sales success with customers and serves as the lead evangelist in multicloud strategy.
- In developing the initial success with a customer, the CSE will work with internal teams and external partners to define and deliver the combination of software, services, and cloud that the customer requires to achieve their goals. To do so, the CSE will act as a liaison between Account Managers, Company Professional Services team, Solutions Architects, and software / multicloud partners. The CSE will capture requirements from the customer, describe the elements of the solution, and understand the cloud consumption impacts of the solution.
- We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cloud Solutions Evangelist is primarily responsible for:
- Partner and co-own sales activities at a customer level
- Analyze & gather business requirements from large and/or complex client environments
- Identify and create thorough, accurate solution proposals based on client requirements
- Understand and articulate various licensing and subscription methods
- Responsible for partnering with Account Managers, Solution Architects, and sales leadership to drive net-new business opportunities
- Contribute to team effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range challenges that must be addressed; provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; implement directives
- General Business Development, Marketing and Partnership Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with, and act as liaison to partners
- Act as a solution evangelist for marketing activities including speaking engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by delivering content and messaging
- Bachelor’s degree with a business focus
- Demonstrated achievement of technical certification or training
- 3+ years of expertise working with and selling cloud services
- Ability to sell, scope and price with minimal support
- Documented sales success of technology solutions is preferred
- Familiarity with software subscription and infrastructure licensing plans
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel to position sales and solutions
- Experience with public, private and multi clouds
- Understanding of IaaS and PaaS marketplaces (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Demonstrative knowledge of application modernization, containers, microservices, automation, orchestration and serverless computers
- Strong foundation in network architecture, carrier services and SD-WAN
- AWS, Azure and GCP certifications desired
- Minimal, regional travel required
- Maintain and report on sales and service activity, sales pipeline and project status
- Maintain and acquire technical certifications where necessary
- Attend educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies as appropriate
- Performance and success will be measured by gross profit performance
- Performance-based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While a largely sedentary role, some lifting or carrying of items up to 50 pounds may occasionally be required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, up to 25% of the time is required.
COMPENSATION: Compensation for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will be in the $135-175K with quarterly performance based commission structure, fantastic benefits package including dental, vision, flexible spend account, 401k with 4% employer contribution, health savings account, life and disability, and more!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V