Our client is seeking an experienced and talented procurement and Supply Chain Specialist to report to the VP of Operations and become an integral member of their Purchasing department and assist in the development and maintenance of a world class purchasing group within their industrial equipment design and build facility in the Western NY region.
Purchasing / Supply Chain Specialist
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify and qualify suppliers of materials, equipment, and/or supplies.
- Successfully negotiate price, delivery, and other T & C’s with suppliers.
- Utilize ERP system to order, track, and manage receipt of goods.
- Bring “best practices” to the company in: supplier qualification; improving system (supplier / company) cost, quality, lead-time; use of CpK to align design requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute products/materials.
- Work with operations to ensure order deadlines meet production scheduling requirements.
- Frequently review budgetary requirements against purchases, quotes, etc… to ensure department stays within budgetary constraints
- Work with other departments to communicate purchasing timelines, order status, or to gain necessary clarification for ordering parts/materials.
- Perform expediting tasks by following up with vendors to ensure PO’s have been received and to confirm timeline for delivery, etc…
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to drive improvements in engineering, design, manufacturing, and procurement
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 5+ years experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management in related industry ( purchasing technical products ) required.
- Demonstrated experience with applying supply chain best practices to achieve targeted results.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Experience with materials requirements planning (MRP) logistics and supply chain software required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must have ability to evaluate TECHNICAL commodities.
- Must have excellent communication (both verbal & written) and negotiation skills.
- CSCP or CPM certification preferred.
- Described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Hiring salary range is highly competitive, fantastic benefits package, additional compensation and performance based increases, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com
Purchasing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Buyer, Logistics, MRO, MRP, ERP,
Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Technical Procurement