Applications Engineering / Business Development Engineer opening within a thriving and reputable facility offering incredible growth and advancement potential – Sales and applications focusing in the areas of Food, pharma, gases, custom equipment and systems, and Industrial Cryogenics industries / end users.
Sales and Applications Engineer
- As a member of the company’s Engineering Group based in OH, the Sales and Applications Engineer will play a key role in the growth of the company’s business unit through the business development, sales and installation of the company’s portfolio of applications to the target industries. With a focus on Safety, Efficiency and Reliability, both internally and externally, this position will be focused on providing company customers with support and development of complete process solutions, including technology and equipment in the fields of gases, cryogenics, packaging, and water treatment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand technical processes in target market / industry applications and ability to diagnose and develop value proposition of company solutions and equipment to this specific application.
- Proactive technical sales support to the company’s Regional Companies sales groups using individual’s process knowledge, industry experience and applications background.
- Work with local sales team to prepare and present technical proposals and presentations to prospects/customers.
- Individual will be involved in all aspects of customer relationship from initial contact, customer / prospect problem identification, applications / equipment selection, data analysis, equipment / system development and proposal, equipment specification / manufacturing, start-up support and long term customer support and application marketing.
- New product / application identification and development.
- Communicate internally with regional account managers, specialists, equipment engineers and marketing and externally with customers and equipment vendors.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within industry and related applications.
- Uses base knowledge and experience to accomplish goals.
LOCATION AND ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY:
- Ohio is ideal location for successful candidate – particularly if the candidate brings less experience or little to no industry experience. Other suitable locations to work remotely from for more experienced candidates could include Texas, Michigan, Colorado, Chicago, the Great Lakes region.
- Technical Degree in engineering or manufacturing related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred. Relevant co-op or work experience and or training considered.
- 2-5 years of “hands-on” technical sales and applications engineering experience. Prefer exposure to the food industry, food related equipment, general cryogenics, food freezing, atmospheric packaging, water treatment, industrial gas, custom capital equipment and systems, etc.
- Individual should be comfortable with identifying issues, troubleshooting problems, critical thinking and working on a multi-disciplined team, working directly with customers and autonomously with regional support.
- Familiar with mechanical processes, equipment, process drawings, AutoCAD, PLC and process controls
- Intermediate capabilities with Microsoft Suite (EXCEL, PowerPoint, word).
- Capable of traveling up to approximately 45-60% (including overnight as required) and working weekends and/or holiday as needed to meet project schedules, equipment commissioning and follow-up customer support.
- Hiring salary competitive with bonus and benefits package, 401k, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com