Our client, an expanding manufacturer on the East coast, is searching for an experienced Information Technology Manager with strengths on the Business Analyst side to join their growing Information Technology team and report directly into the Director of IT.
OBJECTIVE: This hands on manager position oversees the application design, construction / configuration, data conversion, launch, training and implementation of the corporation’s ERP and related systems. Acts as an applications expert and works across the organization to define, implement and train end users on systems configuration and use.
- Manage suppliers, developers, quality assurance, production support, lead users and implementation teams to provide technical direction on systems analysis, configuration, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures.
- Facilitate code reviews, software design sessions, and architectural reviews.
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required.
- Interact with internal customers and outside software / service vendors at the technical level, as required.
- Ensure effective ongoing troubleshooting and support by programming team you are responsible for leading, as well as ensuring compliance and updated policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervisor IT personnel to ensure effective and efficient computer and voice / data communications operations to the corporation.
- Supervise / Lead team members including Program Analysts, IT Tech Support Personnel, Operators, Systems Administrators, Team Leader, Web Developer, as well as part time and contract personnel.
- Oversee and manage the implementation, use and performance of computer and communications hardware and software required to support the information services operations including: wide area network; local area networks; firewall services; and Internet access; domain services, help desk-all levels, servers, telephony, and all problem resolution escalation processes.
- Evaluate, tailor and maintain hardware, software, and services necessary for effective operations and monitoring of server, LAN, WAN, telephony and security services.
- Maintain corporate software licensing and assets and appropriate accurate recordkeeping,
- Establish and publish performance objectives for the group and monitor that performance.
- Foster a team spirit and teamwork among the employees within the department
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent – ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or Supply Chain, Master’s Degree highly desired,
- 5 years of experience and advanced understanding of ERP system usage and implementation within a manufacturing environment, ideally Infor ERP applications or the Infor portfolio, M3, etc.
- Strength in business analyst side vs. programming side.
- Infor ERP applications in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- RPG development skills and extensive experience in the IBM i environment, PRMS ideal
- Strength in business analyst side versus programming
- 3-5 years of experience on multiple platforms: IBM Power Systems, Web Servers, and Windows Servers.
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical project manager or project leader in an IBM i environment.
- Applications Experience to include; Web Services, API, XML, SQL, Visual Basic, DB2, Java, DNN, Cognos, or Birst.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Business Application systems (ERP) and terminology in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Strong competency in Project Management, Team Leadership, Problem Solving/Analysis, Results orientation, written and verbal communication, technical capacities, collaboration, and budgetary / fiscal awareness and responsibility.
- Minimal travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT and OTHER DUTIES:
- This exempt position will be a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Occasional heavy lifting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment
- Percentage of Travel – 10%
- Percentage of Office – 60%
- Percentage of Manufacturing – 15%
- Percentage of Distribution – 15%
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SALARY: Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive salary and benefits package, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V