Our client is seeking an Electrical Designer to join their Electrical Engineering team at their custom processing equipment and systems facility in the Western NY region. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth!
REPORTING TO: Electrical Engineering Supervisor
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting Project Engineers and Electrical Engineers producing accurate drawing packages for complex power delivery projects & proposals including plan views, elevations, single line and three line diagrams, electrical schematic & interconnect drawings, Instrument/Control loop diagrams, structural / electrical details, and a detailed bill of material. Assist during the testing and startup for a variety of equipment types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and layout electrical engineering drawings for a variety of equipment types.
- Take conceptual rough plan mark-ups and create final design documents.
- Perform CAD functions proficiently in the electrical discipline.
- Developing power schematics, calculating power consumption and heat dissipation for machine controls.
- Develop I/O list, BOM, and schematics used to build processing equipment controls.
- Defining, requesting and coordinating the purchase of electrical materials, components, equipment, and support services for the construction, assembly, and conditioning of prototype parts and machines.
- Provide training support to Operations personnel in the proper setup, function and control of automated manufacturing equipment.
- Programming of PLC applications and HMI interfaces.
- Programming discrete controls for motion and temperature control.
- Performing start-up services.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- AAS or BSET (Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology)
- 2-5 years of relevant electrical design experience in the industrial and/or controls field.
- Formal training in AutoCAD or SolidWorks Electrical and prior experience with AutoCAD Electrical and Solid Works Electrical preferred.
- General knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as, IEC, UL, and the National Electric Code
- P&ID Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be willing to travel-both domestic & international 25 % of the time.
- PLC programming/troubleshooting experience with AB, Siemens, and others..
- HMI configuration experience including graphical screen development using AB,Siemens, and others..
- ACAD Electrical experience in creating and maintaining electrical schematics and/or component layout diagrams.
- Thermal or high temperature experience
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++, Java script), database design (SQL), HTML development.
- Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com